Improve Your Reading, Writing, Math, Computer Skills,
and Financial Literacy
An adult may be learning to read, write or do math for the first time, or he or she may just need to brush-up on some skills That’s what CVABE is all about—working with individual students on the skills they need.
These basics skills are important to our every day lives. They can help you do the following:
- Read mail, newspapers, medical information, and important forms
- Read to or help a child with homework
- Find and keep a higher paying job
- Write important letters and emails
- Do research on the Internet
- Create and manage a household budget
- Take care of home and family
- Prepare for college or career training
Computer literacy is a necessity in the 21st century. It is often required by employers, even for “non-office” jobs, and the more computer literate you are, the better the chance of getting a promotion and raise. Computers are used to find information, distribute information, and to communicate. Many adults never learned how to use computers, but it’s not too late.
CVABE offers free, basic computer instruction to adults in Central Vermont, and our learning centers have desktop and laptop computers for you to learn on. Whether the need is for work, research, to video chat with grandkids, etc., it’s never too late to learn computer skills.
Sincere thanks to the following donors who generously supported the development of this website: