Employment at CVABE
Full–time (40 hours/week) Position
Teacher/Community Coordinator based in Montpelier
Candidates must have:
- Proven capacity for providing basic skills instruction - reading, writing, math, computer literacy;
- Proven capacity for providing instruction to English Language Learners and preparation for U.S. citizenship;
- Experience with developing personalized education plans;
- Spirit and capacity for outreach and organizing community involvement to support student success;
- Experience with volunteers;
- Familiarity with the service area (Montpelier, East Montpelier, Berlin, Middlesex, Worcester)
CVABE, a community-based, nonprofit organization has served the residents of Washington, Orange and Lamoille counties for 50+ years. Hundreds of central Vermonters enroll annually to improve basic literacy skills, pursue alternative pathways to high school completion, learn English as another language, and gain skills for work and college.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references by August 29th to:
Central Vermont Adult Basic Education, Inc.
46 Washington Street, Suite 100
Barre, Vermont 05641
Please find a complete job description here.
Sincere thanks to the following donors who generously supported the development of this website: