Central Vermont Adult Basic Education, Inc. (CVABE) honors community diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. CVABE provides equal access to participation in its programs and activities based on our purpose (mission). We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, language, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, family composition.
CVABE utilizes the following processes to determine disability and subsequent accommodations, services or changes to the educational program:
- Intake interview;
- Procurement of academic records, including IEP/504/psycho-educational testing;
- Attainment of signed Release of Information forms to communicate with applicable parties (school personnel, doctors, parents, mental health professionals, etc.);
- Records reviews.
Access to Technology and Services
- Learning centers have desktop computers, laptop computers, iPads, and WiFi capabilities;
- Our new website, cvabe.org, has fact-sheet translations in nine (9) languages, and will soon have “text to voice” capabilities;
- Staff are able to assist with information and referrals to Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, the VT Assistive Technology Program and other services as appropriate to the situation.
Wrap-Around Student Services and Referral Protocols
- While CVABE is focused on supporting students to achieve their education and workforce-development related goals, staff are able to assist students with information and referrals to Vermont Department of Labor programs, VocRehab programs, and to access other supportive/wrap-around services as appropriate to the situation.
Sincere thanks to the following donors who generously supported the development of this website: